September 9, 2012: John 3:13-17, Told for Younger Children
September 03, 2012 Length: 1:53
In today’s Gospel story, Jesus made the people think about a time when God’s people were sick. God told Moses to make a fake snake and put it on a pole. All the people who looked up at the snake got better. Jesus said He would be put up high like that snake. He said that if someone follows Him, they will live with Him forever.
Then Jesus told the people that God loves everyone in the world very much. God sent His Son Jesus so that if someone follows Him, they will live with Him forever. Jesus said God did not send His Son to the world to say the people were bad and in big trouble. Jesus said God sent His Son to save the world!
1. What is the name of God the Son?
2. What is something bad that has happened to you? Have you ever been hurt?
3. Jesus is with us, too, even when something bad happens. We can always pray and talk to Jesus.
4. It isn’t always easy to be good. Have you ever made a mistake and hurt someone?
5. Jesus came to tell us that there is a different way to live. He came to show us how to live. He told us that we can be forgiven when we do something wrong. He came to show us the way to the kingdom, where bad things don’t happen. We will live there with Him forever.
"Just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know that I very much enjoy Ancient Faith Radio and have it on in my office. I am a Roman Catholic priest in Little Rock, Arkansas, and as we have few Orthodox and East Rite Catholics here, I do enjoy listening to the prayers and liturgy from Ancient Faith. Thank you."