September 9, 2012: John 3:13-17, Told for Younger Children
September 03, 2012 Length: 1:53
In today’s Gospel story, Jesus made the people think about a time when God’s people were sick. God told Moses to make a fake snake and put it on a pole. All the people who looked up at the snake got better. Jesus said He would be put up high like that snake. He said that if someone follows Him, they will live with Him forever.
Then Jesus told the people that God loves everyone in the world very much. God sent His Son Jesus so that if someone follows Him, they will live with Him forever. Jesus said God did not send His Son to the world to say the people were bad and in big trouble. Jesus said God sent His Son to save the world!
1. What is the name of God the Son?
2. What is something bad that has happened to you? Have you ever been hurt?
3. Jesus is with us, too, even when something bad happens. We can always pray and talk to Jesus.
4. It isn’t always easy to be good. Have you ever made a mistake and hurt someone?
5. Jesus came to tell us that there is a different way to live. He came to show us how to live. He told us that we can be forgiven when we do something wrong. He came to show us the way to the kingdom, where bad things don’t happen. We will live there with Him forever.
"I found Orthodoxy and AFR a year ago. They have both had a profound effect on my life. After 30 years as a Mormon, I have found the church Christ left on earth for us. It's very exciting, but at 60 I wish I had not wasted all those years on the wrong road. God willing, I am looking forward to many years as an Orthdox believer!!"