At that time, when Jesus drew near to Jericho, a blind man was sitting by the roadside begging; and hearing a multitude going by, he inquired what this meant. They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.”
And he cried, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!” And those who were in front rebuked him, telling him to be silent; but he cried out all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
And Jesus stopped, and commanded him to be brought to him; and when he came near, Jesus asked him, “What do you want me to do for you?” He said, “Lord, let me receive my sight.”
And Jesus said to him, “Receive your sight; your faith has made you well.” And immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, glorifying God; and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God.
1. What does the Gospel passage say the blind man was doing? What is that?
2. Why do you think the people near the blind man tried to make him be quiet?
3. What did the blind man ask Jesus for?
4. Why did Jesus say the blind man was healed?
5. What two things did the blind man do when he was healed? Do you do those things too?
6. Do you pray the Jesus Prayer? If not, ask someone what it is, so that you can learn it. How is the Jesus Prayer related to this story?