One day, when our Lord Jesus Christ came ashore, He saw many people. He felt sorry for them and healed the ones that were sick. He also taught the people, for a long time.
Evening came, and the disciples came to Jesus and said, “We are far from a town and the day is done. Send the people to get some food for themselves.”
Jesus said, “They don’t need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
The disciples said, “All we have is five loaves of bread and two fish.”
Jesus said, “Bring them here to me.” Then he told everyone to sit down on the grass. He looked up to Heaven and blessed and broke the loaves. He gave the bread to the disciples, who gave it to the crowds.
Everyone ate until they were full. They gathered the leftovers and filled 12 baskets! Five thousand men, and also some women and children, had shared those five loaves and two fish. There was more than enough for everyone.
After that, Jesus sent the disciples in the boat, to the other side, while He stayed to dismiss the crowds.
Everyone ate until they were full. They gathered the leftovers and filled 12 baskets! Five thousand men, and also some women and children, had shared those five loaves and two fish, and there was more than enough.
1. What was Jesus doing for the people that He saw?
2. Why did the disciples come to talk to Jesus? What did they say?
3. What did Jesus tell the disciples to do?
4. How much food did the disciples have?
5. What did Jesus do with the food? What did the disciples do with it? What did the people do with it?
6. How many people were at this picnic? Did they have enough to eat? How do you know?
7. This Gospel story shows us that God takes care of us! He can take what we have and make it into what we need.