One day, our Lord Jesus Christ came to a place called Caesarea Philippi. When He got there, He asked His disciples, “Who do men say that I am?”
The disciples answered, “Well, some think you are John the Baptist. Other people say that you are Elias. Others think you’re Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
Then Jesus asked them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God!”
Jesus told Peter, “You are blessed, Peter. My Father in Heaven showed you this. You are like a rock, and on you I will build my Church. The Church will be strong, and not even the gates of hell will win against it! I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven.”
1. What did Jesus ask His disciples at Caesarea Philippi?
2. Name one person people said Jesus was. Why was that person great in God’s Kingdom?
3. Who did Peter say Jesus is?
4. Who did Jesus say showed Peter this?
5. Jesus said that the Church would be strong. Do you know anyone in the Church who is (or was) strong in the ways of God? Tell your parents or godparents about that person. Ask them to tell you about someone else.