One day, our Lord Jesus and His disciples went to a city called Na’in. Many people followed Him.
When He got near the city gate, a dead man was being carried out in an open coffin. The man’s mother and many people from Na’in were following.
The mother was very sad because first her husband had died and now her only son died, too. She did not have anyone left to provide for her.
When Jesus saw the woman, He was sad about what had happened. He told the woman not to cry. Then, He touched the open coffin. The people who were carrying it stood still.
Jesus said, “Young man, I say to you, arise!”
The dead man sat up and even started to talk!
Jesus took the young man to his mother.
All the people were amazed because of the miracle they saw. They praised and thanked God.
1. Where did this story happen?
2. What did Jesus and His followers see at the city gate?
3. Why was the mother so sad?
4. How did Jesus help the mother?
5. What happened to the dead man? How did the people feel then?
6. Did you ever see a miracle? How did you feel then?